Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Assembling and Painting Necromancer

I got this sweet Necromancer from my LFGS' manager, Raul as a gift. Assembling this miniature is a no-brainer, even the base is on sprue. As usual I primed the model with Corax White. I added the base colors:

  • to the robe's upper part Incubi Darkness and to the lower part Celestra Grey
  • to the staff Mournfang Brown
  • to the skin and bones Rakarth Flesh


I created a mix of Lahmian Medium and Nuln Oil, 3:1. I added approximately 10 layers, gradually to the upper part of the cloak. Then I mixed Lahmian Medium with Coelia Greenshade, again to 3:1 and added about 15 layers to create a gradient color. 



I shaded the skin with a mix of Druchi Violet and Lahmian Medium, roughly equally. For the bones and staff I used Agrax Earthshade. After this I started to highlight the robe with Kabalite Green on the upper parts, Sybarite Green on the mid section and Ulthuan Grey on the lower parts. For the skin and parchment I used the dreaded Pallid Wych Flesh (I hate it as much as I hate White Scar). I highlighted the staff with Pallid Wych Flesh to further torture myself, and the skulls as well. For the little pouch I used the standard paints for leather.



 I painted his hair with Chaos Black, and highlighted it with Eshin Grey. I painted his eyes with Moot Green and added a bit of Waywatcher Green around it. The base was painted using Zandri Dust, Agrax Earthshade and a dry brush of Tyrant Skull, and around the base I used Steel Legion Drab as per usual.


No comments:

Post a Comment