Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Painting Cairn Wraith

I got a used Cairn Wraith and a set of Spirit Hosts very cheap, unpainted which was an added bonus. All of them were in good shapes, however the Spirit Hosts still needed to be glued together again, since they were assembled with super glue, which tends to break off. I also changed their bases, since they came with some cheap ones, which were a bit smaller and shorter.



I primed the miniature using Corax White, and then base-coated the upper part with Incubi Darkness and the mid-to-lower part with Celestra Grey. Then I mixed Lahmian Medium with Coelia Greenshade to a ratio of 3:1. I added approximately 10 layers to have a really smooth transition between the green and the grey. After that I started highlighting the upper part with Kabalite Green and Sybarite Green, and the lower part with Ulthuan Grey. On the cloak's rim, I also added a layer of Waywatcher Green.


For the scythe I used Ironbreaker and then added Waywatcher Green and in some of the recessed part Nihilakh Oxide.



For the base I glued together some extra skulls from the Skeleton Warriors and then base-coated them in Zandri Dust. Then I added Armageddon Dust all around the base and shaded the entire base with Agrax Earthshade. I dry brushed the dusty parts with Tyrant Skull and then I highlighted the skulls with Ushabti Bone and Screaming Skull. For the stone I used Mechanicus Standard Grey for base coat, Eshin Grey and Administratum Grey for highlights. Then I PVA glued some Citadel Grass on the base. I finished the base by painting it all around in Steel Legion Drab.


No comments:

Post a Comment