Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Painting Spirit Hosts

As I mentioned in a previous post I got my hands on some cheap second-hand miniatures. Overall they were in good shape, but the most important part was that I didn't had to strip the paint off, since they were unpainted. But they still needed some fix, I glued them together and bought some (overpriced) GW 50mm round bases, as the original bases were some cheap knock-offs.

So as per usual, I primed them in Corax White, base-coated them with Celestra Grey. I covered all of the miniatures with Nihilakh Oxide, just you would do with a shade. Then I went for 2 variants:
1. The first one was covered entirely with a mix of Lahmian Medium and Coelia Greenshade 1:1. It took less time, and the result was ok.



2. The second and third ones were shaded with Coelia Greenshade, but only the recessed parts. It took way more longer, but the end result were far better.



I dry brushed the miniatures with Celestra Grey, followed by Ulthuan Grey. I added to some of the recessed parts Waywatcher Green for some extra effects.

I added some plaster pieces to serve as broken off gravestones.  I added Armaggedon Dust to the base, and followed the usual steps to base the miniatures. I painted the stone with Mechanicus Standard Grey, shaded with Nuln oil, dry-brushed with Administratum Grey and a light dry-brush of Ulthuan Grey. I added with PVA glue some parched grass to it from Galeforce 9. Very easy miniatures to paint, highly recommend them for beginners.




No comments:

Post a Comment