Monday, November 27, 2017

Getting into the hobby - Building your dedicated hobby space

A very important part of this hobby's aspect is the hobby space. At first a desk or the kitchen table will suffice, but after a while your collection will grow, you will have more tools and paints at your disposal and you will need to create a dedicated hobby space.

I started out on a small desk, then I got a bigger one and then I just filled it up with paints, miniatures and tools. Recently I found an online store which sells hobby items like paint racks and some sweet modular workshop system. I ordered some items from them and I have to tell you, I got them from Poland after 5 days, including the weekend!

So this is how my desk looked before:


As I wrote, I ordered several modular paint racks from HobbyZone. The fun part of this was the assembly. I only needed some PVA glue and a hammer. I just followed the instructions, the racks were put together with ease. The parts fit perfectly, I only screwed up once with the magnets.




Then I got to organize my stuff around the racks. I choose to organize my paints by type and alphabetically - shades, base paints, layer paints, texture and dry paints.




The additional rack of the tools/brushes proved to be a good addition. As you can see I filled all the spaces with the paint pots, I even had a few remaining orphan! Overall I can wholeheartedly recommend HobbyZone. They provide a good choice in building a dedicated hobby space.


1 comment: